As with any significant investment in your home or business, you want to be sure you weigh all the costs of a potential upgrade along with all of the benefits. If you’ve been following our blog, you know at least a few of the benefits of solar:
- Lowered month-over-month electricity cost
- Less reliance on grid-sourced electricity
- Power comes from a renewable resource (vs. coal, etc.)
- Value added to the physical structure
If this were any other significant, mechanical home improvement like, say, a new hot water heater, you’d probably want to be sure you completely understood how maintenance worked. With solar power systems like those installed by Urban Solar, the ongoing maintenance costs are remarkably low, especially in comparison to other forms of renewable energy. Here are a few reasons why:
- There are no moving parts to replace or lubricate.
- The system can be easily monitored from inside the building, eliminating trips to the roof.
- Solar panels made today don’t necessarily fail over time; instead, they simply become less efficient – a process that takes decades.
- High-quality mounting equipment and cabling reduce the risk of weather-related damage.
- Unlike wind turbines, solar panels remain motionless, removing any kind of mechanical wearing potential.
Of course, every solar power system is different, which is why we always suggest that new customers contact us for a completely free energy assessment. We can talk you through all of your options, and it all starts with one call or e-mail.